It is not possible to fully present on a web page the arguments that establish Jesus as who He was before He incarnated. But, to those who can hear the voice of Jesus and to whom He had revealed Himself, suffice to say that Luke 2:11 identified Jesus as ‘The Lord’ which is the equivalent Greek word that translates the Hebrew tetragrammaton YHWH that obviously cannot be translated into any other language.
Also, Luke 2:11 is to be read without the definite or indefinite articles as they do not appear in the Greek. No wisdom warrants the addition of those articles. Thus, the verse reads:
For unto you is born this day in [the] city [of] David [a] Saviour, which is Christ [the] Lord. Luke 2:11 KJV
Christ is the Greek word for the Hebrew word Messiah and Lord is the Greek word for the Hebrew name YHWH and the words ADON and ADONAI which also refer to YHWH in the translations of the Bible. In other words, when you read the Greek verse from the perspective of the Hebrew credo, you understand that it was YHWH God who incarnated! Jesus does not deny but admits and says that He is YHWH in John 13:13.
We read that Angel Gabriel told Mary that she was going to conceive and bear a holy Son (Luke 1:35) who was to be named Jesus (Luke 1:31).
However, when Angel of YHWH (LORD) came to announce the birth of the holy Son, Angel of YHWH did not tell the shepherds that Jesus was born. Rather, Angel of YHWH announced to them the birth of YHWH (LORD) as we read in Luke 2:11.
Who was born under the name Jesus? To find out, we have to have faith in the Gospel writers who were shown by Jesus what inferred reference concerns Him in the Scriptures:
Luke 24:25-27 LEB
(25) And he said to them, "O foolish and slow in heart to believe in all that the prophets have spoken!
(26) Was it not necessary that the Christ suffer these things and enter into his glory?"
(27) And beginning from Moses and from all the prophets, he interpreted to them the things concerning himself in all the scriptures.
NO INTELLECT CAN ON ITS OWN GRASP JESUS CHRIST
If you are familiar with what Jesus had said about His Persona and the God The Father, you might come to the conclusion that no one can grasp who He is, even if you would touch Him or hear Him every day, as the Apostles did and. yet, did not understand Him (Mark 6:52; Luke 2:50; 9:45; 18:34).
"And coming into the parts of Caesarea of Philip, Jesus questioned His disciples, saying, Whom do men say Me the Son of Man to be?(Matthew 16:13 LITV)"
The idea of an elusive Jesus transpires from the question which Jesus posed to His closest entourage about His Persona and the answers to His questions. Note that in the answers given in Matthew 16:14, contrary to what the major Christian denominations have been teaching about Jesus today, nobody was close to our modern view of Jesus as having been an Angel or a special Angel! Teaching that Jesus is an upgraded or a special Angel is the testimony that no intellect or scholar can venture as she or he pleases into Jesus’s realm to break Him down for understanding.
Matthew 16:13-16 EMTV
(13) When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He was questioning His disciples, saying, "Who do men pronounce Me, the Son of Man, to be?"
(14) So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, but others say Elijah, and yet others say Jeremiah, or one of the prophets."
(15) He said to them, "But who do you pronounce Me to be?"(16) And Simon Peter answered and said, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."
Peter, one of the first Apostolic Christians, did answer the question correctly but Jesus did not give him any credit for his correct answer. Jesus is saying that no human mind on its own can decipher Him and that we need a unique plugin to get to know Jesus.
And answering, Jesus said to him, Blessed are you, Simon, son of Jonah, for flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but My Father in Heaven. Matthew 16:17 LITV
Today, some of us appreciate the testimony of Peter, albeit superficially, while as mentioned elsewhere, some of us disregard his testimony and go beyond the opinions of the contemporaries of Jesus to teach that Jesus was an Angel before His incarnation, or a small god in the like of a Roman Emperor god. However, according to the Q & A session that Jesus held with His Disciples, did Peter confess that Jesus was an Angel, or an upgraded Angel? The answer is “NO”. It was made known to Peter that Jesus is "the Son", not an Angel.
Did Peter confess that Jesus was Angel Gabriel, or Archangel Michael, or Michael, or Angel of Jehovah? The answer is still ‘NO’ since God the Father revealed to Peter that Jesus is His Son.
Jesus did not either tell His entourage that His Father reveal to Peter that He was His Angel. At the baptism of Jesus, God the Father did not utter that Jesus was His Angel (aka Angel of YHWH) who had been transformed into His Son. The New Testament presents Jesus as ‘the Only Begotten Son’ and not as ‘the only begotten Angel, or ‘the only begotten Gabriel, or the only begotten Michael, or the only begotten Angel of Jehovah, et cetera’. How can anyone teach that Jesus was any Angel when Jesus affirms it was His Father who revealed to Peter that He is His Son? Are not those so-called Christian denominations that teach that Jesus is an Angel calling God the Father a liar, or saying that God the Father does not know what He is talking about or that what we read in the New Testament is not correct? Jesus admits that He is YHWH or ADONAI in John 13:13.
You call Me the Teacher, and, the Lord. And you say well, for I AM. John 13:13 LITV
When Jesus accepted that He is YHWH (aka LORD, Lord in the translations), Jesus did not say ‘you call me an Angel, and you say well, for I AM ans Angel’. Jesus says He is YHWH (aka LORD, Lord in the translations).
Jesus made other declarations in parables that He is YHWH God. Consider His declaration about Abraham and Him.
Your father Abraham leaped for joy that he should see My day, and he saw, and rejoiced.John 8:56 LITV
Jesus did not say that Abraham saw the day of Angel of YHWH, of Gabriel, or of Michael, and rejoiced. Those prominent Angels have NOT been known as Redeemer, Savior, King, YHWH (aka LORD, Lord, Jesus in the translations) who were to be born of a virgin as Immanuel (Isaiah7:14), as LORD (aka YHWH in the translations) in Luke 2:11,and to have a special day at a certain time in the future.
Paul stressed that all lips will confess that Jesus is YHWH, according to the verses below.
Isaiah 45:23 LITV
(23) I have sworn by Myself, the Word has gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that to Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
Philippians 2:10-11 LITV
(10) that at the name of Jesus "every knee should bow," of heavenly ones, and earthly ones, and ones under the earth,
(11) and "every tongue should confess" that Jesus Christ is "Lord," to the glory of God the Father. Isa. 45:23
Isaiah 45:23 is a declaration pertaining to YHWH. Apostle Paul attributed the same declaration to Jesus. That is to say that Jesus is not a copycat of YHWH (aka LORD, Lord in the translations) but the very YHWH in flesh. Moreover, in Isaiah 45:23, Jesus swore that every tongue will confess, voluntarily or involuntary that He is YHWH (aka LORD, Lord in the translations). not an Angel. In other words, all the denominations who reject Jesus as YHWH will have to admit hat Jesus is the fearsome YHWH (aka LORD, Lord in the translations).
We also read testimony from Apostle John that Prophet Isaiah saw Jesus in His glory as YHWH and he was terrified. Did Isaiah say that He saw one of the Angels? No. Read John 12:41.
John 12:41 LITV.
(41) Isaiah said these things when he saw His glory, and spoke about Him.
Isaiah 6:1-5 LITV
(1) In the year that King Uzziah died, then I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up. And His train filled the temple.
(2) Above it stood the seraphs. Each one had six wings; with two he covered his face; and with two he covered his feet; and with two he flew.
(3) And one cried to the other and said, Holy, holy, holy is Jehovah of Hosts; all the earth is full of His glory!
(4) And the doorposts shook from the voice of the one who cried; and the house was filled with smoke.
(5) Then I said, Woe is me! For I am cut off; for I am a man of unclean lips, and I live amongst a people of unclean lips; for my eyes have seen the King, Jehovah of Hosts.
FALSE DOCTRINE SEEKING PROPHECY
John is clear about the identity of Jesus by inferring with Isaiah 6:1-5. However, of course, we go after fables as it happened in Genesis and as it was prophesied:
2 Timothy 4:3-4 MKJV
(3)For a time will be when they will not endure sound doctrine, but they will heap up teachers to themselves according to their own lusts, tickling the ear.
(4)And they will turn away their ears from the truth and will be turned to myths."
Genesis 3:1-5 LITV
(1) And the serpent was cunning above every animal of the field which Jehovah God had made. And he said to the woman, Is it true that God has said, You shall not eat from any tree of the garden?(2) And the woman said to the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden,(3) but of the fruit of the tree in the middle of the garden, God has said, You shall not eat of it, nor shall you touch it, lest you die.(4) And the serpent said to the woman, Dying you shall not die, (5) for God knows that in the day you eat of it, even your eyes shall be opened, and you shall be as God, knowing good and evil.